Put your skills to the test in our food craft competitions! To celebrate Year 5 of Eat Real, the 2013 DIY Contests are featuring our 5 all-time most popular categories: home-brewed beer, jam, pickles, infusions, and fixin's!
· This contest is open to all amateur producers – those who craft for fun, but not for a living
· You cannot submit the same products for multiple categories.
· All items must be canned, bottled, and harvested during 2013.
· All submissions MUST include: name of producer, name of submitted product, ingredients, contact info, processing time/method (if a shelf-stabilized good). Information MUST be attached on product submitted for judging.
· All sealed goods must be shelf stable, meet USDA sterilization guidelines, and be in good condition – free from dust, rust, dents, or other defects.
·Items must be handed in for judging between September 4-7th, 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. at the Eat Real Festival Office in Jack London Square at 65 Webster Ave, Oakland.
Email gail[at]eatrealfest[dot]com with any questions. Winners will be announced on the Food Craft Stage on Saturday, September 28th.
Get ready to pump up the jam! Submit your best jams and preserves to the 2013 Eat Real Jamboree. Each person or group must submit two 8 oz. jars for each entry. Limit two entries per category. Make sure to follow the instructions for submission above!
Submissions will be accepted Tuesday, Sept. 3 through Friday, Sept. 6 10am - 5pm at our office located in Jack London Square at 65 Webster Street, Oakland. Please attach to each entry the following information:
- Ingredients/Allergen info
- Canning process/Date canned
Winners will be announced at the Eat Real Festival:Where: Food Craft Stage
When: 5:00pm Saturday September 28th